What is Migraine?
This article we wrote about the causes of Migraine We have answered your questions such as What are you reading good content.
Migraine Symptoms are just one of the diseases that affect our daily lives. One of the most important methods of detection is pain. Headache, nausea, subtle sensations of light and sound are just a few of the symptoms of .
- Migraine is a symptoms that increases as the patient moves and overwhelms the person. By movement we mean pain that increases as you force your organs like the neck, temple and eye as you move.categorized in one, for example in the form of attacks in two or three months there are more than fifteen days of pain. Each pain lasts for about five hours, at worst. The patient may feel very bad and become sensitive during this pain process. This pain is called ‘Chronic Migraine‘ Pain while these pains last at least 10 days per month.
The treatment methods, are also developed and applied according to the patient’s condition. There are many medicines of the disease.
Symptoms of Migraine
Symptoms of Migraine, The ages of the are between 19 and 31 years. Headache problems begin in the transition period from childhood to adolescence.Has 4 main stages after these pains. They look like this. Prodrom is divided into aura, headache and postdrome periods. The first stage of these is the ‘Prodrom’ stage.
- Postdrome Stage
Before headache starts, you may notice minor changes, what we can call. These can be:
- The problem of constipation
- Eating request
- Mood, pessimism, the problem of restlessness
- The problem of neck eclipses
- Thirst, Urination problems
- Stretching for
If symptoms are present, you should consult your doctor. Because these pains can cause psychological collapse of the patient. These Migraine Symptoms One of the symptoms we call Systemic / Autonomous.
Systemic / Autonomic Symptoms
- Neck Stiffness
- Hunger, Sweet eating cravings shortened appetite increases or loss of appetite
- Keeping water in the body, Drinking excess water
- Abdominal swelling
These were examples of systemic migraine symptoms. The next stage after these examples is the Aura phase.
At this stage, many of our patients enter the episodes we call attacks without aura. Neurological disorders can be seen before and after the attacks. In the case of attacks with aura, patients often have problems such as weakness of touch sensation, impaired vision, impairments in speech, tingling in the body and numbness. So we will remove from here as a result of each attack will not be seen in the case of attacks.
Symptoms that may be seen during the patient;
- Fast throbbing in the form of heartbeat
- Nausea, Vomiting
- Sensitivity to light and sound
- Even anger against touches
- Blurred visuals
Patients like these can also be seen.
When should we see a doctor about migraine symptoms?
Most patients go to a neurology doctor instead of old methods, for example; They’re trying to swallow painkillers. Since people try to control Disease with these methods, İs not known so its treatment is not developed.
If you have on a regular basis, you can take notes and note how many times a week you have, which symptoms you have experienced, and see a neurologist. If you have the following, you should see a neurologist immediately.
- Sudden, severe headaches
- Double vision, drowsiness or speech impairment
- Worsening of headache after head trauma
- Beginning headaches over 45 years
Causes of Migraine
We can say that the is not known. Even the brain produces different chemicals. The substance we call serotonin can lead to different reactions in the brain. These are just a few of the causes of.
Migraine attacks in the brain membranes (meninges) we call pain occurs. These pains produce a different secretion, which causes migraine pains.
Most İmportant Migraine Triggers
There are many factors that trigger migraine. The elements mentioned above are only a few of them.
- Women’s hormonal changes also increase the rate of. Increased rates of during pregnancy and menopause, such as increased headaches before or after menstruation.
- Birth control pills, Many intervention medicines that we call replacement are among the triggers of migraine.
- Even the foods consumed by the patient are one of the causes of migraine. Old cheeses, salty foods, in short, processed foods are all factors that.
- Eating irregular food, Missing meals, We can call these eating irregular food. These can cause attacks.
- We can see that foods that disrupt the balance of the body that are harmful to body health are also triggers of migraine. Wines, Beers, Alcohols, Cigarettes etc.
- Even the order of human sleep is very important in this regard. Sleep problems such as irregular sleep, staying up late or getting up early are one of the causes of migraine attacks.
- One of the is caused by high-quality lights, loud sounds and excessive exposure to sunlight.
- Sexual activity is one of these factors in physical fatigue.
- Medications, drugs used in vascular treatment, birth control pills, such as drugs that affect the body balance are.
Migraine Risk Factors
If the reasons listed below are present in people, the possibility of may increase.
- People with migraine may also start their menstrual period.
- Migraine is more common in women than in men. This may be because they have been exposed to many situations. Especially adolescence is only one of them.
- Migraine attacks can be seen between 19 and 31 years of age. In the following years, the pain and severity of may increase.